BackSync Backup Features:
- Exchange 2000 thru 2010 - Database, Mailbox and Mail item level restore
- Synthetic Full Backup - Exchange Database and regular file backups
- VMware ESX/ESXi – Guest level backup of licensed servers
- Hyper-V with cluster support
- Citrix Xenserver
- Microsoft SQL 2000 thru 2008
- SharePoint - 2003 thru 2010 and WSS
- MySQL Server
- Oracle Databases
- Active Directory and System State
- Open File Backup
- Normal Flat File Backup- Select disks, folders and files
- Network Drive Backup – Agent-less backups of other computers
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) Backup
- Outlook PST files
- Windows Registry
- Native Clients for Windows, OS X and Linux
- Backup to Local Disk, NAS, File Share or Online
- Unlimited file retention
BackSync Backup Security
- Encryption – Up to 448 bit strong encryption.
- Transmission – Backups are transmitted via a secured encrypted (SSL) link to the backup server.
- High Availability – All data is stored on high availability RAID storage networks with the ability to replicate around the world.
- Data Center- Backup servers are located in secured SAS70 Type-II data centers that are staffed and monitor 24x7x365. These facilities have redundant cooling, power and Internet.
- Users Accounts – User accounts with Read or Read/Write access on a client by client basis.
- Local Backup – For added security and redundancy you can also back to any locally attached disk.
BackSync Backup is Simple!
- Automated – Backup jobs can be scheduled from every minute to once a year or continuous as the files change.
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – Live monitoring and backup of files and folders for continuous data protection. (Great for laptops and mobile workers).
- Retention - Retain data on a per backup job basis up to 10 years for both live and deleted files.
- Consolidation – Backup as many computers as you want under a single account for easy management.
- Rapid Restore – Restores are performed quickly from the client. Larger restores can be done in in the data center and delivered or shipped directly to you.
- Easy to Manage – All backup clients and servers can be managed from a web browser.
- Seeding – Large initial backups can be quickly seeded with a USB drive into the data center.
- Reporting – Each client maintains detailed reports on every backup with the option to send notifications.
If you are looking for a standard/non-comercial data backup service here are some of our top picks!
- Backblaze.com provides unlimited and inexpensive data storage solutions; starting at $5 a month.
- If you went with a business package, from Carbonite you would have the easiest access to your data as well; you could access data from any type of device. You could also use it like an online file storage/access portal as well! Unlike some of the other online data backup providers, Carbonite does provide backup services for iphones and ipads!
- SOS's Online Backup plans aren't the cheapest but it's hard to compare apples to apples in this industry. For example, SOS's continuous data backup feature, which backs up a new version of a file the instant it's changed, is a killer feature that I haven't seen elsewhere!
There are other "alternative" solutions such as NAS Drives (Network Accessible Storage Drive) and other alternative services like Google Drive, DropBox, SkyDrive, Etc. But we will get into those later :)
Let us know if you have any questions or issues!
Pacific NorthWest Computers